Contact centers have come a long way from the days of traditional phone-based support. The evolution to multichannel contact centers brought email, chat, and social media into the fray, giving customers more ways to connect. However, these approaches still had limitations.
Traditional centers were too focused on phone calls. At the same time, multichannel systems struggled to provide a unified experience across different platforms, and the number of channels customers used only got bigger. Salesforce’s most recent study found that B2B buyers engage with companies across ten channels, while B2C buyers typically use eight.
To keep up with customer demand, it’s high time to move to the next frontier – omnichannel contact centers. But what are they? Why are they different? And how can they transform your callers’ experiences? We’ll answer all that and more in the following paragraphs.
What Sets Omnichannel Contact Centers Apart
Imagine you’re shopping online, and you have questions. Traditional customer service might involve calling a hotline. At the same time, a multichannel system lets you choose between calling, emailing, or chatting. Omnichannel platforms take multichannel systems one step further. How? By integrating all your channels into one cohesive platform. This means:
- Agents can move from a phone call to a chat or email without missing a beat, allowing them to easily handle all kinds of communication.
- Clients can have a consistently positive experience no matter when – or how – they reach out.
The top omnichannel platforms act as personal assistants for your agents and clients.
4 Key Features of Omnichannel Contact Centers
Now that we know why omnichannel platforms are so wonderful, let’s discuss why. These platforms are packed with features, but it’s these four that make it what it is – a gift to you and your agents:
- Unified Customer Profiles. With omnichannel, each customer has a single, comprehensive profile of data gathered from all interactions. This ensures agents have a complete view of the customer’s history, preferences, and issues.
- Real-time Data Synchronization. The magic of omnichannel lies in its ability to synchronize data in real-time. Whether customers update their information via chat or phone, the system instantly reflects these changes across all channels.
- Intelligent Routing and Prioritization. Omnichannel systems use smart algorithms to route customers to the right agent based on their history and the nature of their questions. This speeds up issue resolution and makes your customer feel like a priority.
- Comprehensive Customer Interaction History. Seventy percent of customers expect different agents to have access to the same information. Sadly, well over half say it feels like they’re communicating with separate departments – not one organization. But omnichannel changes that. The platform gives agents access to detailed records of every interaction a customer has had with the company. This means they can offer a quicker, more in-depth understanding of the customer’s needs.
How Omnichannel Enhances Your User & Caller Experiences
That’s great for your agents and how they take calls, but what about your customers? How does an omnichannel platform benefit them? Well, we’re glad you asked.
- Seamless Transitions Between Channels. Ever started a conversation on chat and had to repeat everything when you called in? It’s quite frustrating. In fact, “disconnected experiences” are the number one frustration of B2C and B2B customers. But omnichannel eradicates this frustration! It allows your clients to effortlessly switch between channels quickly and easily – without repeating themselves.
- Personalized Interactions Based on Customer History. Armed with a unified customer profile, agents can tailor their interactions to each customer’s history and preferences. This personal touch significantly improves customer satisfaction.
- Reduced Wait Times and Faster Issue Resolution. Seventy-six percent of modern customers expect to interact with someone immediately when they reach out to you. The intelligent routing in omnichannel systems connects customers to the right agent instantly, minimizing wait times and resolving issues more efficiently.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Challenges and Considerations in Adopting Omnichannel CX
Even great investments come with their fair share of challenges. Thankfully, we’ve got solutions to make upgrading to an omnichannel contact center easy as pie.
Challenge 1: Upgrading existing systems for omnichannel integration can be tough, especially with older setups. Evaluate current systems for compatibility, consider incremental upgrades or middleware solutions to bridge old and new technologies, and prioritize fixing critical features first.
Challenge 2: Data security is a concern due to the extensive information sharing across channels. Ensure your omnichannel solution provider has strong security features. Collaborate with your IT team to implement appropriate access controls, conduct regular audits, and stay updated on security measures.
Challenge 3: Shifting from a multichannel to an omnichannel mindset requires a change in how management and agents approach customer interactions. Conduct workshops and training sessions to highlight the benefits of omnichannel support, address misconceptions, and maintain open communication to address concerns.
Challenge 4: Agents in omnichannel contact centers need continuous training to keep up with evolving features and practices. Establish a well-organized training plan for new hires and ongoing learning for experienced agents. Encourage and facilitate knowledge-sharing among agents to enhance everyone’s skills through shared experiences and insights.
Give Your Customers the Service They Crave with AdamsComm
Your customers deserve the best experiences possible, and AdamsComm is here to help you make it happen. Our omnichannel contact center platform can elevate your service standards, boost your efficiency, and improve your clients’ experience – while staying ahead of your competitors. So, what’re you waiting for? See the platform in action for yourself, or contact us to transform the way you connect with your customers today!